Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Experimenting with my new mini-keyboard and Reason 4.0 trial

Well, between 2am and 8am (my most creative time-slot) I came up with this! After spending the previous night going through the quick-start manual for Reason 4 and part of the main operations manual, I thought I'd try to replicate the Terminator theme song (Brad Fiedel) - including the synth sound. That worked out okay (just listened to it on YouTube over and over again while playing along - eventually got it), and the Subtractor synth in Reason is so cool that I just kept on going. This vid is basically a bunch of live recordings put into the sequencer as the ideas came into my head. The tracks were not quantized, so the timing is off in some (ahem... many) places, and I didn't really have a thought out structure other than "try to fuse synth and classical sounds together".... The background image is the Andromeda Galaxy (from star.ucl.ac.uk) overlayed with one of my 3D fractal creations in VB - a Sierpinski Pyramid at level 8. (Please use decent headphones!) Recordings were made using the tiny AKAI LPK25 laptop keyboard (this thing is really cute)

Promotions Silicon Sealing

No comments:

Post a Comment